The Resilient Girl
Monday 13th August, 2018. Time: 6:30-9pm.
RSVP: Bookings are essential via Flexibuzz or online: http://www.schoolinterviews.com.au
Booking code for this seminar: 6km6m
The Resilient Girl is a workshop for parents to support their children to develop resilience and the ability to ‘bounce back’. Strategies are given to:
- Build, strengthen and promote supportive relationships
- Focus on autonomy and responsibility (to build independence)
- Focus on managing emotions
- Create opportunities for personal challenge.
Schools AtoZ Website and Smartphone App
The first website parents should go to for parenting advice. Managed by the NSW Department of Education, parents can be sure that the advice is in line with what children are learning at school. All questions ranging from specific curriculum questions to healthy lunch boxes and resilience are available: http://www.schoolatoz.nsw.edu.au/home
- Three little words to help your child learn to read (Pause, prompt, praise) http://www.schoolatoz.nsw.edu.au/en/homework-and-study/english/english-tips/three-little-words-to-help-your-child-to-read
- Teachers talk about how you can help your child learn to read – and love to read http://www.schoolatoz.nsw.edu.au/homework-and-study/english/english-tips/learning-to-read
Tips & Tricks for Parenting
Parental Engagement and why it’s important: