Welcome to St John the Apostle Narraweena!
As a member of system of schools known as Catholic Schools Broken Bay we seek to inspire hearts and minds to know Christ, to love learning, to use their talents to be the very best they can be.
Our principal, teachers, staff and parents all work together with the wider community to deliver authentic, professional Catholic education with care and compassion.
Our teachers are committed to the mission of Catholic education and apply evidence-based practice to support students to learn and to gain the confidence and skills to enable them to be involved in shaping their society.
DO YOU NEED TO BE CATHOLIC TO ATTEND A CATHOLIC SCHOOL?
No, your child does not need to be Catholic to enrol at a Catholic school. While preference is given to students of the Catholic faith, particularly if you are active in your parish, our schools welcome families from all backgrounds or faith traditions who share in our mission and purpose.
Catholic Schools Broken Bay will offer K-12 enrolment during 2021. This will provide you with some surety around enrolment in our systemic secondary colleges for your child. As the option becomes available, you will only need to provide one enrolment form in primary school and complete a simple updated form to ensure your child’s continued enrolment in one of our systemic secondary colleges.
ENROL NOW FOR 2022 and beyond
Families interested in enrolling in our school are invited to contact the school for an individual tour – 9971 9297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrolment packs are available from the school office or forms can be downloaded below.
In order to complete the enrolment process, the following items will need to be provided:
- Enrolment form (signed by both parents)
- Birth Certificate (originals must be sighted by administration staff and copy included with enrolment form)
- Baptism Certificate (originals must be sighted by administration staff and copy included with enrolment form)
- Immunisation History Statement (available from MyGov/Medicare)
- Church Life Involvement Form
- Non-refundable Enrolment Fee of $88 (required upon receipt of the completed enrolment form)
- Passport, visa, citizenship documentation (if applicable)
- Most recent school report (Years 1-6)
- Family Court Orders (if applicable)
- Medical or other reports (if applicable)
A non-refundable application fee of $88.00 is payable at the time of application. We accept cheque, cash or alternatively EFTPOS facilities are available at the school office. Cheques must be made payable to ‘St John’s Narraweena’ and attached to your enrolment form.
The Diocese of Broken Bay Enrolment Policy is implemented by all systemic schools in the Diocese. The implementation of this policy is monitored by the Catholic Schools Office. A copy of this policy may be obtained from the Catholic Schools Office website.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school should you have any questions regarding the enrolment process email@example.com
COVID-19 Fee Relief
Catholic Schools Broken Bay are committed to supporting families as the impact of COVID-19 continues to be felt in the community. No family will be excluded from our school because of financial difficulties.
Even if you have not enrolled yet, we would like to offer the following help with school fees if you need it:
- A full reduction on ALL fees if your family gets JobSeeker.
- A 50%+ reduction on ALL fees if one parent in your family gets JobKeeper.
If you are unsure if your family can get fee help or need assistance completing the form please contact our COVID-19 FEE HELP HOTLINE on 9847 0728 (8am – 4pm Monday to Friday).