The SRC is run by the School Captains and Vice Captains.
One representative from each class is elected by their class to serve on the SRC for a semester (i.e. two school terms). They are given a special badge to wear during their period of office. The SRC meet every second week with the Principal or another teacher to discuss three types of items:
- good news stories happening around our school
- issues that their class are concerned about (no names of individual children to be used)
- ideas to improve our school
They are also asked to let their class know about things that are discussed at the SRC meeting. The senior representatives assist the younger representatives.
- Increase leadership opportunities for students
- Allow students to have a voice in decision-making
- Make St John’s a better school
- Improve communication within our school